MedicalCRITERIA.com is a project created by professionals of the medicine and the informatic, destined to physician and health student. The main editor is Guillermo Firman, M.D.
Dr. G. Firman graduated from Corrientes University School of Medicine in 1995, completed his internal medicine residency and chief residency at Hospital Escuela Gral. José F. de San Martin (Corrientes – Argentina) in 1999-2000, and his fellowship in Internal Medicine at the Hospital Universitario San Cecilio (Granada – Spain) in 2000. He is certified in Internal Medicine by the Academia Nacional de Medicina (Buenos Aires – Argentina).
Objectives of the site are unify concepts related to diseases definitions, classifications, indications and contraindications of medical knowledge.
This website is financed by advertising and by donations from site users.
Advertising on our Site:
We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party, without prior consent. We may share non-personal, aggregate information regarding customer demographics, traffic patterns, sales, and site usage with our partners, advertisers or sponsors. We will never willfully disclose personally identifiable information about our customers to any third party without prior consent.
In special cases MedicalCRITERIA.com may believe it is necessary to disclose personally identifiable information in order to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating or causing injury to or interference with MedicalCRITERIA.com’s rights or property, other users, or any other party that could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose or access personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
MedicalCRITERIA.com has provided links to various sites that we believe provide valuable information to you, our viewer. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices, content, or actions of such web sites.
We will notify you directly if there is a major change in our privacy practices.
MedicalCRITERIA.com Advertising Policy
The following is an all-inclusive statement designed to set forth MedicalCRITERIA.com’s policy regarding advertisers on the site:
Advertising includes: banner ads, buttons, sponsorships, and text links.
At no time in the process of publication of health information (editorial content) is there any influence on editors by, or interaction with, advertisers or the advertising divisions of MedicalCRITERIA.com.
No writer or editor of MedicalCRITERIA.com receives any commission from the advertising on MedicalCRITERIA.com.
All new ad campaigns, or changes to existing campaigns, are subject to approval by MedicalCRITERIA.com in its sole discretion.
MedicalCRITERIA.com reserves the right to remove an ad from the site if MedicalCRITERIA.com decides (in its sole discretion) that the ad does not comply with MedicalCRITERIA.com’s advertising standards or is otherwise objectionable to MedicalCRITERIA.com.
All clients represent and warrant to MedicalCRITERIA.com that the content of each ad complies with MedicalCRITERIA.com advertising standards.
Client advertising in any specific area on MedicalCRITERIA.com is strictly for the purchase of advertising space. MedicalCRITERIA.com does not endorse the advertised product.
Sponsorship Advertisers do not pay for editorial content to be composed or modified, nor do they make contractual arrangements for the production of such content. Text links either link to the advertiser’s site or to a designated location on the MedicalCRITERIA.com site.
The advertisements are distinguished from the editorial content by the word ‘Advertisement’.
We are adhere to the principles HON Code
1. Any medical or health advice provided and hosted on this site will only be given by medically trained and qualified professionals unless a clear statement is made that a piece of advice offered is from a non-medically qualified individual or organisation.
2. The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
3. Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/health Web site, including their identity, is respected by this Web site. The Web site owners undertake to honour or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in the country and state where the Web site and mirror sites are located.
4. Where appropriate, information contained on this site will be supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, have specific HTML links to that data. The date when a clinical page was last modified will be clearly displayed (e.g. at the bottom of the page).
5. Any claims relating to the benefits/performance of a specific treatment, commercial product or service will be supported by appropriate, balanced evidence in the manner outlined above in Principle 4.
6. The designers of this Web site will seek to provide information in the clearest possible manner and provide contact addresses for visitors that seek further information or support. The Webmaster will display his/her E-mail address clearly throughout the Web site.
7. Support for this Web site will be clearly identified, including the identities of commercial and non-commercial organisations that have contributed funding, services or material for the site.
8. If advertising is a source of funding it will be clearly stated. A brief description of the advertising policy adopted by the Web site owners will be displayed on the site. Advertising and other promotional material will be presented to viewers in a manner and context that facilitates differentiation between it and the original material created by the institution operating the site.