Alcoholic liver disease (ALD) encompasses a spectrum of injury, ranging from simple steatosis to frank cirrhosis.
Left Atrial Abnormality
- Prolonged P wave duration of >120 msec in lead II
- Prominent notching of the P wave, usually most obvious in lead II, with an interval between the notches of >40 msec (p mitrale)
- Ratio between the duration of the P wave in lead II and the duration of the PR segment of >1.6
- Increased duration and depth of the terminal negative portion of the P wave in lead V1 (the P terminal force) so that the area subtended by it exceeds 0.04 mm-sec (Morris index)
- Leftward shift of the mean P wave axis to between -30 and +45 degrees Continue reading